This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HA Enable On/Off UI Differences

What is the effect of only enabling HA on the /ui/ha/settings page - What is the difference between these two settings? Are they independent of one another? Is HA effectively disabled if BOTH are not in an enabled state?

pastedImage_0.png

But on the /ui/ha/deployment/summary you leave it unchecked - does this mean that HA is enabled for the polling engines out bound polling, but the VHN/VIP is NOT enabled for incoming data?

pastedImage_4.png

Parents
  • '/ui/ha/settings' is how you disable HA globally. This is provided as a shortcut for customers that have dozens of HA pools, as it's required to disable when performing upgrades. You can also disable HA at an individual pool level. This is handy when you're troubleshooting an issue with support, need to restart services, etc. but don't want the server to failover.

• Thanks, one last question, is the cause of my main polling engine being red here due to red criticals in the Deployment health page?

The server is happy and green in NPM but red on all the HA pages. If its red, will a fail-over occur or is this just cosmetic due to 'perceived' critical health issues?

pastedImage_0.png

• That screenshot alone is not going to tell me why the server is in a critical state but I would recommend clicking on the Health tab to find out why.

• My experience has been that if one of the nodes is red a failover event will not go as planned, finding out why they are red is still very much a game of hide and seek and the VAST majority of whats on deployment health is unrelated and like you said, many are red herrings

• My experience has been that if one of the nodes is red a failover event will not go as planned, finding out why they are red is still very much a game of hide and seek and the VAST majority of whats on deployment health is unrelated and like you said, many are red herrings

Children