I am doing some analysis on the architecture for a new environment, and HA is a requirement.
Currently we have licensing for NCM, SAM, IPAM, NTA, NPM
We also have a license for a additional polling engine (APE)
I know we would need to purchase a license for HA.
Thought it would be worth mentioning:
- Make use of a 2017 SQL AlwaysOn Cluster.
- SQL cluster will be HA between our two London data centers
- The Main Polling Engine (MPE) will be located in London
- The APE will be located in Vancouver.
- Reason for the geographically dispersed polling engines is that the majority of our VM's are located in London and Vancouver.
- Make use of Microsoft DNS for the virtual hostname
The questions i have are:
- In order to introduce HA will i need HA on both the MPE and APE?
- e.g. a third server that will act as a secondary server to the MPE and a fourth server that will act as the secondary server to the APE Orwill the APE become the HA pool member?
- e.g. two HA licenses / two HA pools (total of 4 Orion servers)
Below are the two options...which one is correct?
Anything i have missed?