This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Will Solarwinds APE continue to work incase solarwinds main polling engine is down

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to monitor few servers in active Data center ,, as well as should be monitored in DR data center during Disaster event.

Hence we planning to build one APE HA across Active and DR data center..along with DR for orion database

In a ideal disaster event, if my entire active data center is down, - my main polling engine will be also down.while my Ape and orion database will be online..

So would like to understand, whether APE will continue to work , despite main polling engine is down
Parents
  • In my experience when doing upgrades.  The system doesn't work while the main polling engine is down.  Now, that just seems to be the website doesn't work, even though we have an additional web server.  The polling on the APE does seem to continue to work, but it seems that you are asking about the system as a whole.  APE is not HA.  It sounds like you actually need the HA license.  The additional polling engine is for load distribution of polling only.

• In my experience when doing upgrades.  The system doesn't work while the main polling engine is down.  Now, that just seems to be the website doesn't work, even though we have an additional web server.  The polling on the APE does seem to continue to work, but it seems that you are asking about the system as a whole.  APE is not HA.  It sounds like you actually need the HA license.  The additional polling engine is for load distribution of polling only.

Children