This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Azure Deployment Suggestions?

I'm working on streamlining our Solarwinds deployment and looking for a bit of advice or thoughts from the community on the route we're considering. Currently, we have a separate deployment for each of our 3 isolated locations on on-prem servers, but we're finding that it just isn't as efficient as we'd like. I'm looking into standing up a single deployment in Azure. I'd like to do a full cloud deployment, but am hesitant because of the cost of the Azure server/sql resources. I'd love to hear your thoughts, tips, suggestions or what you're doing in your deployments.

Parents
  • If you wants to monitor the cloud environments (Azure) you'll have Three options

1. Full cloud deployment (Orion server+SQL). (Cost wise this is a more costly solution)

2.Deploy an APE into the cloud and monitor the Azure platform.( Again you'll have to have a server in cloud)

3.Enable the cloud monitoring on one of your standalone on-prem deployment. (This will call upon Azure API to monitor the cloud) ( Most cost effective method) 

Best way is to spun a VM with minimum requirements and check for couple of days before going into the production level deployment.

• I agree with  and would add the following options. While you are considering a full cloud deployment, are you able to look at a hybrid solution. Are you able to place the primary poller with azure sql or sql vm in azure, and running additional pollers in the three locations? I am assuming that you have scalability servers - APE, ORC, or ROPs. 

• I agree with  and would add the following options. While you are considering a full cloud deployment, are you able to look at a hybrid solution. Are you able to place the primary poller with azure sql or sql vm in azure, and running additional pollers in the three locations? I am assuming that you have scalability servers - APE, ORC, or ROPs. 

Children
No Data