This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trouble Installing Feature Update (upgrade) 2004 for Windows 10.

I am having trouble getting PM to install the Windows 10 Feature update to 2004.

The upgrade is listed (and approved) for the client.

I select the Feature Upgrade, choose Update Management - Action Download and install.
The PM task status chugs through until 100%

The Task is reported in PM with Success for Downloaded, Install and Post-Reboot.
However, the post-reboot task is never performed on the client.
The Client reports Installed (Pending Reboot) against the Feature Update.

I have tried sending the client a 'Shutdown or Reboot' job (Choosing Operating System Upgrade (planned).
The client does reboot - but does not perform the upgrade..

I have also tried defining the Post-Update Management Reboot options is both Always Reboot and Reboot only if required by Windows Update, and neither perform the reboot so that the update installs.

The only way I can find to initiate the upgrade is to remotely sign onto the client, goto Windows Update.
There it is reporting Pending Restart - Restart now
After selecting Restart Now - the upgrade upon reboot is performed.

Does anyone have a solution of how to get PM to perform the upgrade without having to initiate the reboot manually byt signing into the client ?

It is as if PM 'reboot' option is not sending an 'Update and Reboot' - but only a 'Reboot'

I should just add to this that all other 'updates' work ok, and perform reboots (if needed) properly, it is only 'Feature Updates' (Upgrades) which have a problem.

Parents Reply Children
No Data