This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Date, time, time zone settings

I've been having nothing but trouble with Windows 10 reporting to my WSUS patch manager server. The clients detect, but no longer report. When I do a manual check for updates I'm getting the message below on quite a few machines:

pastedImage_0.png

I've checked the date/time settings on both the client and the wsus server and everything looks correct. Has anyone run into this problem? I'm not sure if it's what's causing my issues, but I know it can't be helping.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • I've not run into this issue before and I don't see it giving you an associated error code, so it could be just what it says.  A few things you would want to triple check:

• Date/Time on one of the clients with the error.  Including time zone.
    • Date/Time on the WSUS/PAS all in one server.  Including the time zone.
    • Beyond that you can run the Troubleshooter from Microsoft to see if it has suggestions for you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

I suggest this because other than having someone on the line with you helping you double check everything, this should help cover the basics including registry settings, software distribution store, etc.  Even if it can't fix it, it may give you some additional context for the issue leading you to a solution.

Speaking of registry settings, it's worth double checking where your client thinks the WSUS server is in case you have more than one.

It looks like it could also be related to an out of date certificate, which is hopefully what the Troubleshooter would tell you if that's the case, but would make sense for it affecting some machines and not others:

Nerds Know Best: RESOLVED - We couldn't install updates because there's a problem with the date and time information on …

• I've not run into this issue before and I don't see it giving you an associated error code, so it could be just what it says.  A few things you would want to triple check:

• Date/Time on one of the clients with the error.  Including time zone.
    • Date/Time on the WSUS/PAS all in one server.  Including the time zone.
    • Beyond that you can run the Troubleshooter from Microsoft to see if it has suggestions for you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

I suggest this because other than having someone on the line with you helping you double check everything, this should help cover the basics including registry settings, software distribution store, etc.  Even if it can't fix it, it may give you some additional context for the issue leading you to a solution.

Speaking of registry settings, it's worth double checking where your client thinks the WSUS server is in case you have more than one.

It looks like it could also be related to an out of date certificate, which is hopefully what the Troubleshooter would tell you if that's the case, but would make sense for it affecting some machines and not others:

Nerds Know Best: RESOLVED - We couldn't install updates because there's a problem with the date and time information on …

Children