This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Diffrence between NTM and Orion Map

Hi All,

can some one share tehir own experience on NTM and Orion MAp. which one is better, however it would be greate if you share clear diffrence between Orion map and NTM.

Parents
  • I don't think that NTM has been updated in 5 years (I could be wrong) so that tells you something. I do have a NTM license. I also have Orion maps. I haven't used NTM since Orion maps came out. 

The only advantage to NTM is that if you are limited in licenses in Orion, you might not be able to map everything, because Orion maps needs the nodes and components added to map it. NTM doesn't care about that, and you get it scopes and credentials and it goes and does its thing. 

Orion Maps can do a ton, and if you have multiple Orion products all the 'stuff" is available. If there is a missing feature (none pop out at me) from NTM its will likely get added as the capabilities of Orion Maps grows with each release. 

• I don't think that NTM has been updated in 5 years (I could be wrong) so that tells you something. I do have a NTM license. I also have Orion maps. I haven't used NTM since Orion maps came out. 

The only advantage to NTM is that if you are limited in licenses in Orion, you might not be able to map everything, because Orion maps needs the nodes and components added to map it. NTM doesn't care about that, and you get it scopes and credentials and it goes and does its thing. 

Orion Maps can do a ton, and if you have multiple Orion products all the 'stuff" is available. If there is a missing feature (none pop out at me) from NTM its will likely get added as the capabilities of Orion Maps grows with each release. 

Children