This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to connect Huawei ME60 to the NMS?

This chapter describes three methods to connect Huawei Router to the NMS.

You can connect a device to the NMS using SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, or SNMPv3.

Prerequisite

• The device is running properly.
  • An IP address has been configured for the interface connecting the device to the NMS.
  • A reachable route exists between Huawei ME60 and the NMS.

Data preparation

Below lists the data required for connecting the device to the NMS.

Item

Data

Remarks

SNMP version of the ME60

V1/V2C/V3

The value can be v1, v2c, or v3.

IP address of the NMS

None.

Parameters of SNMPv1, including SNMP read and write community names and the ACL number.

• read community name: comaccess
  • write community name: mgr
  • ACL number: 2000

None.

Parameters of SNMPv2c, including SNMP read and write community names and the ACL number.

• read community name: comaccess
  • write community name: mgr
  • ACL number: 2001

None.

Parameters of SNMPv3, including SNMP group and user names and the ACL number.

• SNMP group name: NMS
  • SNMP user name: John
  • ACL number: 2002

None.

NOTE:

SNMPv3 is recommended because it provides more secure functions than other SNMP protocols

Procedure

• Configure SNMPv1.
    1. Configure basic functions of SNMPv1 on the ME60.

# Configure SNMP version.

<HUAWEI> system-view
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version v1

# Set the SNMP community name: the read community name of ME60 is comaccess comaccessand the write community name is mgr. For details, see snmp-agent community.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent community read comaccess acl 2000
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent community write mgr acl 2000

2. Configure access control in SNMPv1. For more information, please refer to rule (basic ACL view).

[HUAWEI] acl 2000
      [HUAWEI-acl-basic-2000] rule permit source 192.167.1.10 0
      [HUAWEI-acl-basic-2000] quit

3. Configure trap functions and set the IP address of the trap server to be the IP address of the NMS, 192.167.1.10.

NOTE:

The trap function must be configured so that the NMS can receive the alarms from the device.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent trap enable
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain 192.167.1.10 params securityname comaccess v1 private-netmanager

• Configure SNMPv2c.
    1. Configure basic functions of SNMPv2c on the ME60.

<HUAWEI> system-view
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version v2c

# Set the SNMP community name: the read community name of ME60 is comaccess and the write community name is mgr. For details, see snmp-agent community.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent community read comaccess acl 2001
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent community write mgr acl 2001

2. Configure Community-Name-based access control in SNMPv2c. For more information, see rule (basic ACL view).

[HUAWEI] acl 2001
      [HUAWEI-acl-basic-2001] rule permit source 192.167.1.10 0
      [HUAWEI-acl-basic-2001] quit

3. Configure trap functions and set the IP address of the trap server to be the IP address of the NMS, 192.167.1.10. For more information, see snmp-agent target-host trap.

NOTE:

The trap function must be configured so that the NMS can receive the alarms from the device.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain 192.167.1.10 params securityname comaccess v1 private-netmanager

• Configure SNMPv3.
    1. Configure basic functions of SNMPv3 on the ME60ME60

<HUAWEI> system-view
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent
      [HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version v3

2. Configure User-based access control in SNMPv3.

# Configure an SNMP user group, and the user group name is NMS.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent group v3 NMS

# Configure user information. For example, Add a user named John to the SNMP group named Johngroup, with the security level being authentication, the authentication protocol being HMAC-MD5-96 and the password being hello. For more information, see the command snmp-agent usm-user.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent usm-user v3 John Johngroup authentication-mode md5 hello

# Configure a basic ACL. For more information, see the command rule (basic ACL view).

[HUAWEI] acl 2002
      [HUAWEI-acl-basic-2002] rule permit source 192.167.1.10 0
      [HUAWEI-acl-basic-2002] quit

# Apply the ACL based on the user. For more information, see the command snmp-agent usm-user.

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent usm-user v3 John NMS acl 2002

3. Configure trap functions and set the IP address of the trap server to be the IP address of the NMS, 192.167.1.10. For more information, see the command snmp-agent target-host trap.

NOTE:

[HUAWEI] snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain 192.167.1.10 params securityname comaccess v3 private-netmanager

Commissioning Results

After the configurations of the ME60 and the NMS are complete, you can access the ME60 through the NMS.