NPM 2023.1.0 Upgrade Feedback Thread

I pulled the trigger and updated to 2023.1.0. from 2022.4 last week.

Updated a single polling engine with NPM & NTA that monitors 400 nodes.

Install went smooth using the My Deployment - Updates Wizard.

haven't seen any issues over the last week I believe that is related to update.

how did you install go, did you get an issues you logged with support, if so what are the ticket numbers?

Parents
  • We are on day 6 of trying to resolve the issues since upgrading from 2020.2.6 to 2023.1. Menu failures, database connection issues due to NCM trying to use the wrong account to access the database, "Manage Accounts" is super slow, "Diagnostics" does not work at all, Many Compliance Reports were broken, the list goes on and on. I was hoping this upgrade would help with some of the instability issues with 2020.2.6 but so far nothing but a nightmare. Repaired the install at the suggestion of SW tech but no help. If anyone has a suggestion on what might be a stable version I would love suggestions.

• We are on day 6 of trying to resolve the issues since upgrading from 2020.2.6 to 2023.1. Menu failures, database connection issues due to NCM trying to use the wrong account to access the database, "Manage Accounts" is super slow, "Diagnostics" does not work at all, Many Compliance Reports were broken, the list goes on and on. I was hoping this upgrade would help with some of the instability issues with 2020.2.6 but so far nothing but a nightmare. Repaired the install at the suggestion of SW tech but no help. If anyone has a suggestion on what might be a stable version I would love suggestions.

Children
  • Actually, I would argue that 2020.2.X was stable and the 2023.1 GA appears to be stable. I just ran the upgrade from 2020.2 to 2023.1 and other than some weird licensing and windows permission errors during install, it went smooth. I am still validating overnight jobs with NCM. Looks like my mail settings needed to be adjusted, but I think something happened elsewhere while I was upgrading. But I was able to get email working. Just testing NCM jobs as a couple hung, due the email config I suspect. As I continue validation, I will post if something comes up. I can say, that I skipped the 2022.4.x versions for a variety of reasons, one of which was the amount of chatter in Thwack about issues. 

• Having the same type of issues - Compliance report issues - Database maintenance completing with errors - NCM Issues
    Now being told by Support 

• Check the permission using the checker tool: https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Orion_Platform/Knowledgebase_Articles/Check_permissions_using_the_Orion_Permission_Checker
    • Stop all services, clear the temp folder: C:\Windows\Temp, remove all files and folders including the SolarWinds folder, and start the services.
    • Re-run the configuration wizard.

Had major issues with the Additional Web Server (all four)
    Had to totally uninstall Solarwinds from each server and then rerun the install locally. I asked the that case be Escalated, we were in system down state and was help by an amazing support engineer 

But the issues keep coming 

• The majority of our issues seem to finally be resolved after the upgrade. Support was unable to find the root cause so there was little choice left but to uninstall, clean up, and re-install the application. All of that took about 1 1/2 hours but that did get us up and running. The last remaining annoyance so far is that "Manage Accounts" is horribly slow. Going back many years these upgrades are almost always an adventure. I told my team that I may need to schedule an annual recurring event to re-install just to keep things running.