This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to import pollers from Thwack community Pollers. It prompt me for Thwack credentials. Credentials works fine when I login to Thwack.solarwinds.com

Unable to import pollers from Thwack community Pollers. It prompt me for Thwack credentials. Credentials works fine when I login to Thwack.solarwinds.com but not from solarwinds orion

Parents
  • I experience either the same or similar issue. I know what causes mine specifically, buy I don't know about your site.

Depending on the network you are on, you many be restricted from accessing internet webpages from your SolarWinds servers. I am in an environment where the network is locked down. There are strict policies on what can be accessed and what can be utilized. I am blocked from almost all external SolarWinds functions from the Orion server. To get the job done, I can download patches and required upgrades to my desktop and transfer over to the server.

If I need to go to SolarWinds for "support/help" from the Orion Server, I copy the HTTP link SolarWinds provided and paste it to my desktops internet connection/search engine. That usually gets me to the page/area I need to get too. I then download what I need to my desktop and add/transfer it to the server.

• From SW support:

Please refer to the below steps  for the resolution  Resolution Workaround 1: Reset the Thwack account password with a new password without any special characters. Workaround 2: If you have a Server and Application Monitor (SAM) module, you may try the following workaround: Go to Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates > Shared Templates on Thwack. Import any template, enter your Thwack login when prompted. If successful, go back to Settings > All Settings > Manage Pollers > Thwack Community Pollers.  Try to import the Thwack poller.

Step 1 worked for me.

• From SW support:

Please refer to the below steps  for the resolution  Resolution Workaround 1: Reset the Thwack account password with a new password without any special characters. Workaround 2: If you have a Server and Application Monitor (SAM) module, you may try the following workaround: Go to Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates > Shared Templates on Thwack. Import any template, enter your Thwack login when prompted. If successful, go back to Settings > All Settings > Manage Pollers > Thwack Community Pollers.  Try to import the Thwack poller.

Step 1 worked for me.

Children
No Data