This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Website doesn't comes up after applying orion 2020.2.6 HF5

Hi

I have a serious issue . After applying hotfix 5 on my servers everything is seems to be ok but one thing.

My main server website has an issue and doesn't comes up.

And config wizard ends with failed error on website.

When I browse website it shows this error  "Server Error in '/ Application "

I should mention this all services are up 

I tried many way to solve like this:

-Repair swis service 

-Repair job engine service 

-try to run config wizard many times

-try to rebuild website 3 time

-try to check dns resolution between solarwinds servers 

I have 6 additional pollers and 1 additional website  and funny thing is that website on additional website is ok and upgraded to last hotfix.

I don't know what to do more. 

I try to read config wizard's log and it is wired that i find a line in that log that say swis service url doesn't respond 

I have no clue what should I do now swis service is up and run on that server for sure

Parents
  • Friends I am in a bad situation

Anybody has a solution for me?

Also support just sent me existing solutions that I try before

Any recommendation would be helpful 

• if you go locally on your server, using http://localhost/ what do you get as the result?

• Thanks for jumping in , i'll be away for two weeks, will not be able to check in as often as I usually do.

• 2022-08-10 11:45:17,328 [41] DEBUG InfoServiceProxy - Error executing query: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://mydnsname:17777/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Orion/Streamed/certificate that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

2022-08-10 11:45:17,344 [41] DEBUG ChannelProxy`1 - Method <Query>b__0 failed in There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://mydnsname:17777/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Orion/Streamed/certificate that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. - try=0

2022-08-10 11:49:37,305 [37] DEBUG CoreBusinessLayerApiProxyFactory - Failed to connect to Core BL on engine 1. Error: Exception of type 'SolarWinds.ApiProxyFactory.TransientApiProxyException' was thrown.

2022-08-10 11:49:23,334 [37] ERROR ApiProxy<ICoreBusinessLayer, ServiceDirectoryQueryInternal> - All #3 retries calling an API channel from a pool 'RootPool' failed due to a transient error detected

these line are only errors that I see in log file of config wizard

All services are start and running in orion service manager

User that run config wizard is domain user with admin privilege on local server 

I have an Additional web server and it work right now without any problem but my my main engine as you see doesn't provide web access even on local console 

• Thanks as you can see I sent errors in that log file

And as I said before it happen right after installation of HF5

• it would be better if you can paste the whole configuration wizard as those are general errors and can range in just doing a config wizard to simply re installing the main server which you mentioned is the last thing you wanted to do.

You can also check this out.

thwack.solarwinds.com/.../error-website-optimization-failed

• Ok

I try to put config wizard log here .

But for your info I tried config wizard or rebuilding web site many times

And it weird that everything work smoothly , all services up , all ports open , additional web server works fine, all pollers work fine too and just only main server doesn't provide web

And because I have additional web server so I can work without problem.

• here you are .

my config wizard log file

• Looks like there are some support articles addressing the issue in the config log

Configuration Wizard stuck at 98% Waiting for website for Orion (solarwinds.com)

• I can certainly see the shadow copy error, but I also saw this.

2022-08-10 13:31:31,282 [44] WARN  AggregatedPermissionItem - PermissionItem failed to resolve. Path:WebCertificate. Principal:NETWORK SERVICE. Exception: SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Permissions.ProcessingSkippedException: The website does not use https or client certificates authentication isn't required.

It looks to be a permission issue so running the permission checker does help.

I think you are indeed using Https because I can see it on the configuration log.  How did you run the rebuild website?  Also, what kind of certificate are you using on the configuration wizard?

I usually follow the steps on the link below, but I always reboot after doing the IIS reset and then run the configuration wizard using command prompt with admin rights.

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Rebuild-the-Orion-Website?language=en_US

Also, can you open database manager and check the websites table and check what is listed on that table?

• Thanks 

But I already checked permission checker,also used same manual for website rebuild 

• Is there any way to repair or reinstall my main server?

Without loosing any data?

Cause this bloody problem occurred right after standard upgrade for hotfix 5

Or any way to downgrade or reinstall hotfix

Reply Children