This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom alert help - Trigger when X interfaces on single node goes down

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some help - as I understand there is no way at the moment for solarwinds to Alert when a number of port channel member goes down natively. I was hoping there is a way it can be done through sql/swql? (not so great when it come to queries Disappointed)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

i.e

Node Caption contains "%Test%"

Interface name contains "%port-channel-member0%"

if

1 - link go down = low Alert
2 - link go down = medium Alert
3-4 link go down = high Alert

Parents
  • You can count the number of status when interface status is "Down" and set a n alert on that count. Something like below.

SELECT NodeID, Sum (case when Operstatus=2 then 1 else 0 end) as InterfaceDownCount FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces where Operstatus!='1' and Type='6' group by NodeID
    When you see 
    InterfaceDownCount > required number, trigger an alert.
      NodeID InterfaceDownCount
      221 6
      240 6
      286 5
      287 4
      292 2
      261 1
      269 1
      294 1
      271 0

I have considered here the Ethernet interfaces, similarly you can tweak for non-eth.

• Thanks Rajeev so this will give me the count for interface going down per interface. But how do I specify if say NodeID "8704" interface (i have specified below), say 3 or 4 out of the 4 go down then alert.

• You can use "group by NodeID"

Reply Children