This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Query using SWQL for Cisco Nexus nodes that have not had CLI credentials configured for vPC monitoring?

How to query using SWQL for Cisco nexus nodes that have not had CLI credentials configured for vPC monitoring? 

Parents
  • Did you mean this setting:

If so, then I can do you a query that shows the devices that ARE configured:

SELECT s.NodeID, n.Caption, n.Description, s.SettingName, s.SettingValue, s.NodeSettingID

FROM Orion.NodeSettings AS s 
    JOIN Orion.Nodes AS n ON s.NodeID = n.NodeID

WHERE n.Description LIKE '%Nexus%' AND SettingName = 'CLI.Credential'

I did the JOIN to Orion.Nodes to pull in the node names and Description to help with the filtering. Sadly I can't see a table that shows where it isn't set, but if you compare this to your list of Nexus units then you can see what isn't.

• That got me going. This seems to work for my needs:

SELECT n.NodeID, n.Caption, n.Description,n.NodeDescription,n.IOSVersion,n.IOSImage,n.Sysname
    FROM Orion.Nodes AS n
    LEFT OUTER JOIN
    (SELECT s.NodeID, s.SettingName, s.SettingValue, s.NodeSettingID FROM Orion.NodeSettings as s where s.SettingName = 'CLI.Credential') as ss
    on n.NodeID = ss.NodeID
    Where ss.SettingName IS Null and
    n.vendor like 'Cisco%' and (n.IOSImage = 'nxos' or n.NodeDescription like '%nexus%' or n.NodeDescription like '%nxos%' or n.NodeDescription like '%nx-os%' or n.Description like '%nexus%' or n.Description like '%nxos%' or n.Description like '%nx-os%'  or n.IOSVersion like '%nx-os%')
    ORDER BY n.sysname

• That SWQL is much more elegant and beyond my skills to create but at least I can follow it - but happy to have pushed you in the right direction

• That's why I love the IT community! :)

Reply Children
No Data