This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reporting on untriggered alerts

I am trying to figure out a way to report the last time each alert was triggered. I have found some of my alerts have gone defunct due to changes in the end device. A report that would show the last time an alert was triggered s the only thing I can think of to assist with the identification of these alerts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Parents
  • Due to the alert retention period set on, i guess you can identify the devices not generated alerts in last 30 days. Use this query on event table.

SELECT  n.Caption, n.IP_Address, EventID, EventTime, NetworkNode, NetObjectID, NetObjectValue, EventType, Message, Acknowledged, NetObjectType, TimeStamp FROM Orion.Events join Orion.Nodes n on n.NodeID=NetworkNode
    try to pull all data in a report and the use excel with vlookup, what all nodes out of you inventory not appearing in this report.
    I would recommend run this report for 2-3 month to identify the exact node not sending alerts, as a node may be healthy for 30 days w/o any issues. So its upto your logic how do you want to use it.
  • That is close to what I want, but it wasn't specific nodes not alerting, but an entire alert that wasn't functioning. It was caught after manual review of the devices during other maintenance tasks. 

Reply Children
No Data