This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Website Error - Cannot Load Main Page due to Menu / SWIS Failures

Hello Thwack Community - 

I'm unable to use SolarWinds because every time I login to the main page I get the following errors while none of the dashboards are accessible:

- "Menu Failure"

- "Error: A query to the SolarWinds Information Service failed."

When I view the Website Error logs, I see the following information in the Inner Exception:

"Message: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was 'XX:XXXX'.

Type: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException"

I'm not sure what may have caused this issue. No admins have performed configuration updates to the Orion App or DB server. The only significant event that has happened is that we rebooted our Orion App server. Since then, we noticed the "Menu Failure" messages pop up occasionally but then disappear so we disregarded. Now, we can't even access our dashboards or even get past our main page because the "Menu Failure" / SWIS error messages are consistent. 

Has anyone experienced this issue and might have insight? I've already opened a SolarWinds Support ticket and will update this case with any potential solutions. 

Thanks in advance! 

Parents Reply Children
No Data