This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Extract Trap Useful and Legible Info From Trap Message

Hi,

I've seen several posts regarding this, but none of them seem to go into any detail on how to extract the important details from trap messages sent to Solarwinds. The goal to to make alerts more meaningful and clear.. I'm not positive, but I believe this can be accomplished by using the SQL advanced section of the alert in the variables section? 

For instance we have an alert that triggers when a trap message from a switch is sent to ourSolarwinds OLV

Below is the output from an alert:

SWITCH snmpTrapOID:= 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.2.0.1 sysUpTime:= 3965297794 clogHistFacility.3536:= SYS clogHistSeverity.3536:= 2 clogHistMsgName.3536:= CPUFALLINGTHRESHOLD clogHistMsgText.3536:= Threshold: Total CPU Utilization(Total/Intr) 80%/4%. clogHistTimestamp.3536:= 3965297794

All I want to extract from the alert is "80%" and place it directly after a manual written "Current CPU Utilization:"

Then, I could create the email message body to look something like this:

High CPU Utilization on SWITCH at Wednesday, January 12, 2022 1:44 PM

Current CPU Utilization: 80 %

View full device details here: https://Orion.

Alert Name:
"SWITCH CPU RISING THRESHOLD TRAP"

Thank you, Pat