This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CPU has less the 60 Days

Hi Team.

We received following log from Cisco router, we nee know what dose it means.

Regards.

Santosh M.K.

• Normally the "x days left" alerts refer to capacity limits. I haven't seen this one myself, but might infer that the CPU utilization has been consistently trending upward and NPM expects it to hit 100% if either (A) more CPUs are not added or (B) if the process causing high CPU usage is not remediated. 

• I have seen this in the past with different clients.

in my experience, the more data which has been collected over time would be a better indicator for forecasting. Over time you might note that the trend line will angle down based on more data collected.

I like to think of this option as an early warning system based on current and historical consumption... Am I going to have an  issue in the future

But keep an eye on it.

As Sturderde rightly described here is the SW documentation for the forecasting/ capacity planning options

documentation.solarwinds.com/.../npm-forecasting-capacity-for-nodes-or-interfaces-sw1530.htm