Vendor list used by NPM

What is the point of having a Vendors list in the Orion database if rediscover just overwrites everything with static values from a file I cannot edit?  I've changed the Vendor name for 'Antaira Technologies, LLC. (previous was 'Aaxeon Technologies, LLC.')' to 'Antaira' so it isn't as annoying long.  I updated SWISysObjects, all of the NodesData entries, the DiscoveredNodes, Vendors(View) and Nodes(View) tables/views.  Everything looked great until the first device did a rediscover.  I don't want to turn that off for these nodes as sometimes they get swapped out for other models and even manufacturers devices.

Am I missing a table somewhere, or does NPM just ignore the table and use a dll or something when doing discovery?

Parents Reply
  • Yeah, I've done that for device that are coming up completely wrong(like embedded devices).  I really wanted to just tell Solarwinds to use a different string for the devices since there is the SWISysObjects table, even if I need to run an UPDATE query every time I update versions.

Children
No Data