This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Vendor list used by NPM

What is the point of having a Vendors list in the Orion database if rediscover just overwrites everything with static values from a file I cannot edit?  I've changed the Vendor name for 'Antaira Technologies, LLC. (previous was 'Aaxeon Technologies, LLC.')' to 'Antaira' so it isn't as annoying long.  I updated SWISysObjects, all of the NodesData entries, the DiscoveredNodes, Vendors(View) and Nodes(View) tables/views.  Everything looked great until the first device did a rediscover.  I don't want to turn that off for these nodes as sometimes they get swapped out for other models and even manufacturers devices.

Am I missing a table somewhere, or does NPM just ignore the table and use a dll or something when doing discovery?