We have hundreds of Agent-polled nodes and I want to add Swap space monitoring for them.
This is important: nodes are already Agent-polled.
Unfortunately, "List Resource" button is hidden if I check several nodes:
This is example of bad UX, where I can't use ordinary feauture without any reason.
Likely, you will suggest me to use Network Discovery, but it doesn't work well.
My step-by-step course of action:
1. Settings > Network Discovery
And the first question: how can I add nodes here automaticly (for example based of NodeRole or NodeOwner custom property)?
I have no list if IP's for my dozens nodes.
Manual filling IP addresses is nonsense.
2. Next, Next, Next
3. "Manually set up monitoring" (because I don't want to add volumes other than Swap space):
4. Yes, run:
5. Waiting some time
6. Results (5/5 nodes found - I wouldn't have the patience for 250 IP's)
And the second question: Why are they "net-snmp - Linux"? They are Agent-polled nodes.
7. I don't need any network interfaces, so ucheck all:
8. Volumes. Let's check only "RAM", because Swap space is in this category.
9. Next, Next, Next
Skipped, not processed. That's pretty suspicious, hm?
12. Let's check these 5 nodes, shall we?
So question is the same: how to add volumes for several (dozens/hundreds) nodes simultaneously?