This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node Details Summary - is there a "member of" or "contained in group" widget

Hi,

I've created groups to contain, NW nodes and critical PC's, weighbridge indicators etc, I've mapped these groups and have created alerts for them.

The alerts are emailed to the relevant parties and have links back to the alert and the Node Details report (as we were shown when onboarding).

Some of the peripherals will only respond to ping, so have very little information in the Node Details report.

Is there a Widget I can add to that report that would show the Group or Groups that contain the node? I have looked but couldn't see anything that would do it. The node has no dependencies so could use a a widget I saw that used that (I suppose I could create one and use that, but I'd have to do it for perhaps thousands of nodes).

Regards,

Tony.

• Hi Tony, 

I went through our library of custom widgets that we maintain here at Prosperon and managed to find something that fits your use-case:

1. On the Orion Summary Home page, click the Edit icon in the upper left corner of the page.
    2. Click the Add Widgets button.
    3. Type "Custom Query" in the Search box to find the Custom Query widget and select it.
    4. Click Done adding widgets and then Done editing.
    5. When the new Custom Query widget appears on the page, click the Edit link in the widget.
    6. Edit the title of the new widget, and then add the following query:
      SELECT
      cm.Container.Name AS [Group Name],
      cm.Container.DetailsUrl AS [_LinkFor_Group Name],
      '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/small-'+
      CASE 
          WHEN (cm.Container.Status=1) THEN 'Up.gif'
          WHEN (cm.Container.Status=2) THEN 'Down.gif'
          WHEN (cm.Container.Status=14) THEN 'Critical.gif'
          ELSE 'Warning.gif'
      END AS [_IconFor_Group Name]
      FROM Orion.ContainerMembers cm
      WHERE cm.FullName = '${Caption}'  AND cm.Container.Name NOT LIKE 'MAPS%'
    7. To save changes, click Submit.

If this helps answer your question please mark my answer as confirmed to help other users, thank you!

Marlie Fancourt | SolarWinds Pre-Sales Manager

Prosperon Networks | SolarWinds Partner since 2006

• Thanks Marlie, 

Didn't work on the Summary Home Page, but did on the Node Details Summary page, but now I've typed that, I think that's probably what you meant in the first place, but either way, that got it.

Cheers,

Tony.