This Neighbor Map gadget is used to discover devices on your network using CDP and LLDP.
- Click Gadgets > Tools > Discovery Tools, and then drag the Neighbor Map gadget to a tab.
- To configure the gadget with devices that have already been added to Workspace Studio, drag your devices from the Devices tab on the explorer pane to the Hosts field.
- To configure the gadget with a device that is not in the explorer pane, enter the IP address or hostname of the device you want to target in the Hosts field.
- Select or enter the number of hops you want to scan in the Hop Count list.
- To modify the settings of the Neighbor Map gadget prior to creating your map, complete the following:
- Click, and then click Gadget Settings.
- From the Discovery Protocol list, select the protocols you want to use.
- Enter the maximum number of neighbour discoveries that can be outstanding at a specific time in the Maximum Outstanding Discoveries field.
- Click the ICMP Settings tab.
- Adjust any of the ICMP settings you want to change
- To use a custom ICMP packet payload, enter the ICMP packet payload string you want to use in the ICMP Packet Payload text box.
- Click OK.
- Click Create Map.
- If you want to export your neighbour map, complete the following:
- Click, and then click Export Map.
- Enter a file name, and then select a file format from the Save as entering a list.
- Click Save.
Link to source: Neighbor Map (solarwinds.com)