This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Request: Node Dependencies

My node dependencies work most of the time.  But sometimes a node goes down and its parent is also down but has not been polled yet.  I received the advice from service desk to alter the timings of polling for each node to it is polled less often than its parent.

1) That kinda defeats the purpose of the automatic dependencies.

2) Even if child node is polled every 13 minutes and parent node is polled every 2, child could be down at minute 13 and parent would not be down until minute 14.

3) Some of my dependencies are around 6 nested deep (don't ask).  Having to make each one poll less often than the parent can mean some are polled less often than we would like.

Feature Request: So, could a node being down trigger an automatic instant poll of the parent node(s) (if it is believed up) and that result be used to determine child behavior?

Also, the whole dependency UI screen is evil and soul sucking.  Search capability would be an amazing start to making it more friendly.

Also a convert auto dependency to manual.  Or even "freeze" this automatic dependency would be nice as sometimes the automatic process determines the hierarchy correctly on one pass, but subsequently gets it wrong.

Thanks