This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows Agent deployment does not complete (agent deployment failed)

Hi,

New to SolarWinds but not to deploying agents.  However, this is giving me a headache!

I have followed this guide https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/orionplatform/content/core-agent-requirements-sw476.htm and only had to create the firewall ports for 17778/17779.  The required ports are open and listening on the Orion server.

UAC is disabled and there is a service account in the local admin group on the target server which will be used for deploying the agent.

I'm deploying the agent from within SolarWinds > Manage Agents and it says 'Agent deployment in progress'.  Its been like this for about 30 minutes.  I have checked the target server and the agent has been deployed and the service is running yet as far as SolarWinds is concerned the agent deployment is still in progress.

The agent log on the target server does not give any reason why it has not completed.  Although, I may be missing something as this is new to me.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and knows of a fix or explanation?

Thanks,

Parents Reply Children
No Data