Tracking the Deletion of a Node ?

Is it possible to delete a node and not see any evidence of that?

I ask, as we have a node that has gone from our setup but I can't see anything in Orion.AuditingEvents that shows that. We have events I can see in the DB up to last week where a space was removed from its name, and we have a ticket raised on our ticket mgmt platform 2 days ago from an alert on it. 

But the node is not findable by any portion of its name or IP and I can't see any event in the above DB location that would imply it was deleted either.

Any ideas?

Parents
  • Thanks for the report / queries  - we already have a variation of this one but useful to have nonetheless - and @bobmarley (for some reason I can't tag your name).

Sadly, all those do is confirm what we already know which is on July 6th the node had a space removed from its name and nothing since. But we can't find it anywhere.

Now, having gone back far enough in the audit logs I think I have the original IP and can see that it was deleted on July 13th.

So I guess a new query here is:

- not has SolarWinds not audited it, but why is the name of the node not shown when looking through the audit logs for deleted nodes?
           I guess that is a 'WAD' but doesn't help mere mortals.

So thanks everyone involved - found it and have learned something in the process.

• Thanks for the report / queries  - we already have a variation of this one but useful to have nonetheless - and @bobmarley (for some reason I can't tag your name).

Sadly, all those do is confirm what we already know which is on July 6th the node had a space removed from its name and nothing since. But we can't find it anywhere.

Now, having gone back far enough in the audit logs I think I have the original IP and can see that it was deleted on July 13th.

So I guess a new query here is:

- not has SolarWinds not audited it, but why is the name of the node not shown when looking through the audit logs for deleted nodes?
           I guess that is a 'WAD' but doesn't help mere mortals.

So thanks everyone involved - found it and have learned something in the process.

Children
No Data