This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows account used by nodes.

OK, totally new to solarwinds. I have been given a task to change the account used by windows boxes.

how do I find what account each windows node is using. Is there a setting anywhere that specifies 

I seen the account listed under the 'Credentials Library'. Is this it ? Does each node need to be told to use this account ?

Hope that makes some form of sense :-)

Parents Reply
  • When viewing the application in orion press "edit application montitoring" (if button does not exist you are not SAM admin)

In there, expand the component configuration and look for "Credential for moniotirng". Each type of component can differ in how it looks.

The credential name here is not the same as for nodes. You find them under Settings/all settings/ sam settings /credential library

Children
  • Ah, got it. Lookslike its using hte credential specified on the template. I gues I just need to update the template with the new service account and if it inherits from template , that should be it.

Thanks again.

• Hi Joe,

We can create a report for which node monitoring with service account. Kindly create a report used the below SQL query. Please find the below details. you can easily identified the service accounts. 

Select Nodes.IP_Address, Nodes.Caption, Nodes.Domain_name, Nodes.Node_type, Nodes.status, Credential.Name from Credential

inner join NodeSettings on Credential.ID=NodeSettings.SettingValue

inner join Nodes on NodeSettings.NodeID=Nodes.NodeID

where NodeSettings.SettingName='WMICredential'

Regards. 

• IT looks like the WMIcredentail uses another account. The application components list the correct account i am interested in. That reports shows me other service accounts for the nodes. (if that makes sense)

• Managed to get this which does the job

SELECT n.NodeID, n.Caption as Node, a.ID as ApplicationID, a.Name as [Application], c.ID as ComponentId, c.Name as Component,
    cts.Value as TemplateCredId, cs.[Value] as OverridenCredId, cred.Name as CredName
    FROM APM_Component c
    INNER JOIN APM_Application a ON c.ApplicationID = a.ID
    INNER JOIN Nodes n ON a.NodeID = n.NodeID
    LEFT JOIN APM_ComponentSetting cs ON cs.ComponentID = c.ID AND cs.[Key] = '__CredentialSetId'
    LEFT JOIN APM_ComponentTemplate ct ON ct.ID = c.TemplateID
    LEFT JOIN APM_ComponentTemplateSetting cts ON cts.ComponentTemplateID = ct.ID AND cts.[Key] = '__CredentialSetId'
    LEFT JOIN [Credential] cred ON cred.ID = ISNULL(cs.Value, cts.Value)
    WHERE Cred.Name IS NOT NULL

• Yes Correct this job is good. looks like we are able to see the all application credentials in console. 

Thanks Joeshmoe.