This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need help with Teams integration

Hi, i'm following this guide here https://thwack.solarwinds.com/product-forums/network-performance-monitor-npm/f/forum/37198/microsoft-teams-integration-with-orion-alerts to do Teams integration and so far using the sample payload snippet code, I was able to trigger the alerts for node down. But when I try to do this on e.g HDD alerts, the code is not working and I'm getting HTTP failed.

I also tried inserting the variable from Solarwinds but it does not help as well. Can anyone point out how to do this for different alert types ? thanks.

Parents
  • If node down works, you likely need different variables for the payload. 

In your alert, you can place this into an alert and work out the correct variables. You will want all of them to show the correct data so that { and } don't break up the payload and cause the request to fail. 

{
      "title": "ALERT TRIGGER: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption} is currently ${N=SwisEntity;M=Status}",
      "text": "DEVICE: [${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption}](${N=SwisEntity;M=DetailsUrl})
      IP ADDRESS: ${N=SwisEntity;M=IP_Address}
      VENDOR: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Vendor}
      MODEL: ${N=SwisEntity;M=MachineType}
      [ALERT DETAILS](${N=Alerting;M=AlertDetailsUrl})
      [ACKNOWLEDGE THIS ALERT](${N=Alerting;M=AcknowledgeLink})"
    }
  • If node down works, you likely need different variables for the payload. 

In your alert, you can place this into an alert and work out the correct variables. You will want all of them to show the correct data so that { and } don't break up the payload and cause the request to fail. 

{
      "title": "ALERT TRIGGER: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption} is currently ${N=SwisEntity;M=Status}",
      "text": "DEVICE: [${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption}](${N=SwisEntity;M=DetailsUrl})
      IP ADDRESS: ${N=SwisEntity;M=IP_Address}
      VENDOR: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Vendor}
      MODEL: ${N=SwisEntity;M=MachineType}
      [ALERT DETAILS](${N=Alerting;M=AlertDetailsUrl})
      [ACKNOWLEDGE THIS ALERT](${N=Alerting;M=AcknowledgeLink})"
    }
Children
No Data