This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion map not showing custom images, inspector shows 500 errors when loading the image

I'm trying to create an Orion map (not a legacy Network Atlas map) that has logos for applications overlaid with a group status icon.  I created a map on ComputerA last week, and when I view the map from ComputerA I can see both the image and the group status overlay (green circle with check box).   When I view the map on ComputerB, or other users view the map, we're only getting the group status icon without the custom image behind it.  There isn't a broken image icon though, like the file can't be found, there's just a  blank spot.   When I inspect the map with the browser dev tools on ComputerB, I can see 500 errors for the images coming from  myserver/api2/Maps/v1/Assets/Images/7bd79c2d-c3bc-45b1-b02d-34b629fe12e7.png/

Do the new Orion Maps require you to upload custom images directly to the web server?  If so, does anyone know where they're supposed to go?

Parents
  • There is no need to have to upload an image directly to the primary server or any additional web servers. In this case, are you adding icons using the Properties Panel? Either by specifying a general icon:

Or specifying an icon per status condition:

• Thanks for the reply.   I'm not trying to use a custom icon for status - that's using the default icon set. I'm dropping an image on the canvas using the Insert Image button:

Then I drag a group from the entity library onto the sheet and move it on top of one of the images.

The status icon for the group works great -- it's just the images I dropped in that don't show up:

The grey box is where an image is supposed to be, and there's one behind each status icon.

With the image, each 'app' in my grid should look like this:

• That is definitely one way to do it, and it seems a little odd that the image would just not be present when viewed by another users system. Do you see this behavior when using a different browser by chance?

• Yes, seeing it across any other browser.  But I just had a breakthrough -- on ComputerA I opened up the map in Firefox, confirmed the images were gone, replaced one of the images using Firefox, saved, and now the image appears in all browsers on both ComputerA and ComputerB. Voila!

I originally created the map on ComputerA using the Brave browser (gotta earn that free crypto, amiright?).  Apparently it works great for hiding ads, but doesn't work so well for maps?   Now I know...

Thanks for your help, !

• Awesome! As I ran through a number of tests and reached out to colleagues to validate and we didn't turn up anything... glad its all set. 

Reply Children
No Data