This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What's Awesome about your Solarwinds NPM Deployment?

I wanted to start a discussion about what is awesome about your Solarwinds NPM deployment.  Is there something that you have implemented that is awesome? I'm hoping we can give each other ideas on how to improve our own deployments.

Here's a couple of mine,

I have used custom properties to help organize my organizations 300+ locations.. Region (Support Team), City, Country..

I also use custom properties for alert notifications so that only the support team for that devices is notified and not all of the various support teams. This also allowed me to create a single Alert that can be used for all devices.  So, I create two custom properities (Notification_team and Notification_custom)  The Notification_custom is primarily for one off notification, for example the Server Team only wants to be notified when the WAN connectivity goes down for office. 

Then in my Alerts, I use the custom properties in To: field of  the e-mail notifications:

So, what is awesome about your Deployment?

Best regards..

Ken

Parents Reply Children
No Data