This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to connect to the agent on Orion server

Hi,

I recently updated my Orion (NPM,SAM,NTA,WPM) from 2020.2 to 2020.2.4. I notice in Admin > Agent > Manage Agents, the agent on the Orion server itself shows: "Unable to connect to the agent."

The agent mode is 'agent initiated communication' and the agent version is 2.4.1.2106 which i believe is an old version.

1. I don't see any Solarwinds related services not running. What's the polling agent process name?

2. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? Since this is local, it should not be a firewall issue.

Thank you.

Parents
  • We had this same problem with the agents not checking in. when we upgraded our Solarwinds to the latest version the agents stopped checking in. i went ahead and added a CA Signed Cert (Digicert but I am sure your Internal CA would work as well as long as its known by your servers) and after about 15 minutes all our agents reported in and automatically updated.

So my Recommendation is Installed a Signed CA cert and not your Self signed cert that comes with Solarwinds. I suspect it happened because Solarwinds is in the process of expiring the old certs since they might have been compromised in the recent supply chain attack

• Hello Charles,

we are also facing same issue, daily 200 node's agent went to in unknown state, will it help us to back agent on healthy state ?

Reply Children
No Data