This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Making Manage Nodes appear in Settings Menu for Non-Administrators

When setting up a user group, I want them to NOT be administrators but have access to the Manage Nodes menu button on the top bar under settings, but cannot find a working combination of settings that allows this. 

Do users have to be administrators to see this in the menu bar?  If not, what is the proper combination of settings to restrict them from most admin level functions, but bring up the manage nodes screen? 

Version 2020.2.4

Parents
  • The work around I did for my non-admin users was to add it as a menu option under Home.

Go to Settings

All Settings - 

Customize Menu Bars (under Customize Navigation & Look)

Menu Bar: Default (Click Edit)

Click Add at the bottom of page

Name it "Manage Nodes" then drop in the URL for the Manage Nodes page and uncheck the Open in a New Window Check box

After that, it should appear in the Available Items column. Just drag and drop it to the Selected Items column in the spot you want it to sit

• The work around I did for my non-admin users was to add it as a menu option under Home.

Go to Settings

All Settings - 

Customize Menu Bars (under Customize Navigation & Look)

Menu Bar: Default (Click Edit)

Click Add at the bottom of page

Name it "Manage Nodes" then drop in the URL for the Manage Nodes page and uncheck the Open in a New Window Check box

After that, it should appear in the Available Items column. Just drag and drop it to the Selected Items column in the spot you want it to sit

Children
No Data