This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Wrong CPU Percent Load Calculation via Linux Agent

Hello THWACK members, I have a little misunderstanding on CPU Percent Load calculation.

I have this following issue with one of my environment's machine on CentOS, polling through Agent and default Orion CPU & Memory poller. Top CPUs by Percent Load shows what it has 100% peaks from time to time, but in reality if I used htop, I see what load average is very high and system is overloaded, but CPU in Percentage not increased the value of 60%, Orion displays 100% Utilization. 

CPU_Percent_Load.jpg

htop.jpg

How Orion default CPU & Memory Poller calculating the value of percentage loading on Linux systems?

Parents Reply
  •  Thanks to your reply.

It's a good advice, but I'm more interesting about how default calculation works. Like you provided the explanation of RAM consume. Use another poller not completely good to this server and some part of our environment because not all server admins configure snmp.

Children
No Data