This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node Related Syslog Messages widget doesn't show any syslogs

I have recently upgraded to NPM 2020.2.  When I look at the syslog viewer I see the messages, for a node, but when I look at the "Node Related Syslog messages" widget for the same node I don't see any messages for that node. 

Has anyone run into this issue?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

Parents
  • Create a SWQL query widget and add in the following to the Custom SWQL Query field. (Change orion_server_name to your actual server name) This will show the last 30 syslog messages for that node. At the bottom there the code if you want to use the search option as well. Just tick the Enable Search box and add in that bit of code.

SELECT TOP 30

let.Name AS [Message Type]

,Level AS [Severity]

,TOLOCAL(DateTime) AS [Log Time]

,SUBSTRING(Message,1,100) AS Message

,CONCAT('orion_server_name','/.../syslog') AS _linkfor_Message

FROM Orion.OLM.LogEntry le

JOIN Orion.OLM.LogEntryType let ON le.LogEntryTypeID = let.LogEntryTypeID

WHERE NodeID = '${NodeID}'

--AND le.Message LIKE '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' -- Remove The -- From beginning for the "Search SWQL Query" Box

ORDER BY DATETIME DESC

• Thank you for sharing.

Noticed something odd when I put it in to a custom query:

Updated orion_server_name and,got an unexpected error. 

Changed the name to include https// solved part of that but not the whole thing.

Wondering why the concat line did not work above. Any advice gratefully received.

For now replaced that concat line with:

,'your_server_name/ui/orionlog/logviewer/now/1hours/0/syslog' AS _linkfor_Message

Is it possible to get the hotlink to go to the SysLog View filtered on the device/message already, not just the unfiltered view?

• Thank you for sharing.

Noticed something odd when I put it in to a custom query:

Updated orion_server_name and,got an unexpected error. 

Changed the name to include https// solved part of that but not the whole thing.

Wondering why the concat line did not work above. Any advice gratefully received.

For now replaced that concat line with:

,'your_server_name/ui/orionlog/logviewer/now/1hours/0/syslog' AS _linkfor_Message

Is it possible to get the hotlink to go to the SysLog View filtered on the device/message already, not just the unfiltered view?

Children