This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM And ServiceNow Integration

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate my NPM 12.4 to a servicenow (New York) instance.  I followed the installation steps provided on the servicenow store and solarwinds web site, however, I'm still having issues.

I went to the service now installation area of NPM and test the credentials, that works OK.

servicenow Credential Success.PNG

I am able to see my service now data from the main poller using this through the browser https://[INSTANCE NAME].service-now.com/x_sow_intapp_connection_test.do

servicenow connection test.PNG

I still see the status as Down in the instances list.

servicenow status.PNG

servicenow action.PNG

I have tried disabling the instance, deleting it and re adding it, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • I noticed some weird behavior at first where it just refused to work.  The only thing that solved it was completely removing the app from SN and then reinstalling it.  Not sure if that would help your specific problems, but maybe give it a shot?

• Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried the uninstall/reinstall as you suggested, but still the same result.  Do you know of any logfiles in the solarwinds directories I can pull from?  Perhaps NPM is not sending the data that servicenow needs?

It does seem to hit servicenow, here's the log from my most recent attempt:

solarwinds connection test after reinstall.jpg

• You can check the integration logs here: C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\ESI

There should be an ESI.BusinessLayer.log file.

If you want to increase the level of logging in that file, run the Log Adjuster tool on the SolarWinds server. I can't remember if it is called something different in NPM 12.4 but it should be similar to this.

image.png

I'm also not sure you being on an older version on NPM is an issue. You may want to look at upgrading to 2019.4. I agree the matrix in the compatibility KB article is not great.

• You can check the integration logs here: C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\ESI

There should be an ESI.BusinessLayer.log file.

If you want to increase the level of logging in that file, run the Log Adjuster tool on the SolarWinds server. I can't remember if it is called something different in NPM 12.4 but it should be similar to this.

image.png

I'm also not sure you being on an older version on NPM is an issue. You may want to look at upgrading to 2019.4. I agree the matrix in the compatibility KB article is not great.

Children
  • Thanks for pointing to the logfile.

It looks like I'm hitting a 403 forbidden error.  I'll push this along to my service now integration team to double-check their side and let you know if they see any issues with user permissions.

2020-05-25 03:44:22,841 [21] ERROR SolarWinds.SNI.Client.SNClient - Exception occurred during GetEntities<IncidentEvent> execution.
    SolarWinds.SNI.Client.SNClientException: ResponseURI = 'https://*******.service-now.com/api/now/table/x_sow_intapp_incident_event?sysparm_fields=sys_id,incident_sys_id,instance_id,event_state,state&sysparm_query=instance_id=d53605f1-117a-4fbc-b778-2c722e3b94e2^event_state=0&sysparm_limit=21', StatusCode = '403', StatusDescription = 'Forbidden'
    SN Message = 'User Not Authorized', SN Detail = 'Failed API level ACL Validation'
    ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
    at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
    at SolarWinds.SNI.Client.Web.SNWebClient.SolarWinds.SNI.Client.Web.ISNWebClient.OpenRead(String address)
    at SolarWinds.SNI.Client.SNClient.GetEntities[T](String uri)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---