This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Please create a method to remotely/simultaneously disable Solarwinds services on all APE's.

This is a Feature Request to Solarwinds:  I'd like the ability to remotely and simultaneously stop all Solarwinds services on all APE's from one interface.  And then later, to restart them all again with a single click.

I envision a screen in the Settings > My Orion Deployment area that shows a list of all Instances & APE's, along with their running Solarwinds Services.  It would provide a clickable button / opportunity to control them via a "master" Orion Service Manager screen. 

All APE's would be listed, along with the Solarwinds Services Status for each. 

Each AP would have check boxes by each service, with an "All" check box above them to Select All Services.

Over them all would be a master button to select and manage ALL Solarwinds services on ALL APE's. 

Check the All box, or any of the individual APEs' boxes to select them, then click a new "Stop all (or selected) Solarwinds Services on Selected APE's" button and click Apply.

There'd need to be a progress bar or view for every APE that shows each service and its state, since some services take longer to shutdown than others.

Once all services are disabled, maybe a large green Success box would light up that confirms "All selected Solarwinds Services on the selected APE's have successfully been stopped."

After doing the maintenance work that required shutting down the services (e.g.: running a set of scripts against the Database to clean up some logs files), a second box / button called "Restart all Solarwinds Services on the selected APE's" would be available to click & restart them all. 

Click on it and all start up all Solarwinds Services on each APE.  It should be granular enough to select ALL SW services on ALL APE's, or just specific services on specific APE's.

Finally, a master Service Status view would show up and confirm all services on all APE's have successfully restarted.

In case of failure to restart any service(s), a new red alert would appear, showing which services on which APE failed, and it would give you the option to manually stop & start them again.  Plus, it would have a shortcut to let you RDP to the problem APE and diagnose it directly.

Did I miss anything?

Swift Packets!

Rick Schroeder

Parents
  • Having about 20 SolarWinds servers i love the idea to have a better centralized management. Currently we can use the Service Manager page to restart individually the services however i would love to have a centralized page displaying all the server services status and a feature to restart the services from this page.

We have some server that we can access only through a jump host server, some that we can only access through VMware console, a centralized tool is more than welcome.

• Having about 20 SolarWinds servers i love the idea to have a better centralized management. Currently we can use the Service Manager page to restart individually the services however i would love to have a centralized page displaying all the server services status and a feature to restart the services from this page.

We have some server that we can access only through a jump host server, some that we can only access through VMware console, a centralized tool is more than welcome.

Children
No Data