This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds NPM 2019.4 Solarwinds.Orion.LogMgmt.SyslogService Memory 96% Utilization 64GB memory VM

Hi

About once a week I have to stop and start the service as the Memory Utilization pushes my VM to the max with slow response and the latency of the nodes to 1600ms. If I stop the service and restart the service then it goes back to normal. We do use the syslog as our Security Team uses a solution that collects the syslog data from solarwinds NPM. We do not have a kiwi server so we collected only data from our Distribution/Core/DC devices. CPU utilization is at 56% when memory reaches 96% Now that I have stopped the service and started it again sysog sitting at 26GB memory utilization  and going up again with memory for the service at 37%