How do I create KPI modern dashboard for VPN connected user total

We just upgraded to Orion 2020.2. I am looking at the "My Dashboards" feature and want to create the KPI box with all my VPN routers reporting their connected users. My failure I am having is creating the SWQL query to display the data. Would anyone have the layout in the graphical query builder? I am not well versed in SQL or SWQL queries. Any help is much appreciated 

Top Replies

Parents
  • If you're using a custom UDP poller then the SWQL query would be as follows:

SELECT CurrentValue

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode

Where NodeID = 'X' AND DisplayName LIKE 'XXXXXXX'

X = SolarWinds Node ID

XXXXXXX = Name of the poller. It is usually something like crasNumSessions

Hope this helps.

• Does anyone know how I take that query and add the totals for 2 VPN UDP values so I just have 1 total?

SELECT CurrentValue

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode

Where NodeID = '1434' AND DisplayName LIKE 'VPNCurrentUsers' OR NodeID = '2042' AND DisplayName LIKE 'VPNCurrentUsers'

• Hi, not very good at SWQL queries but I believe a sum function is required here. Have you tried below? We have two VPN gateways and this query gives me one result.

SELECT
    count ([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[UserName]) AS [Number]
    FROM orion.asa.node AS data
    where [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[SessionStatus] = 1
    and ([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[NodeId] = XXX or [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[NodeId] = XXX)
    and [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[DisconnectedTime] is null

• Hi, not very good at SWQL queries but I believe a sum function is required here. Have you tried below? We have two VPN gateways and this query gives me one result.

SELECT
    count ([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[UserName]) AS [Number]
    FROM orion.asa.node AS data
    where [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[SessionStatus] = 1
    and ([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[NodeId] = XXX or [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[NodeId] = XXX)
    and [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[DisconnectedTime] is null

Children
No Data