This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

question about to supress alerts configuration

Hi Guys.

I have an issue related with Alert suppresion. I muted the alerts on a device and it's working fine but I have an alert defined to alert on a group status so if the node is part of a group I get an alert related with the group.

So I want to know if there's a way to stop alerts from the group. I mean, I know there's not option to mute alerts over a group but I believe that I'm missing to setup into the trigger conditions of the alert. In theory if a member group has "muted alert" the Solarwinds needs to validate and dismiss the alert.

jramirezn_0-1596145770492.png

Thanks a lot.

Parents
  • Hi,

I do get what you are saying, i have the same issue, however, muting a group, because 1 node is in maint, sounds
    like a bad idea, because, what if another node goes down. Do you want no alerting on that?

I guess, in my case, i will review alerting on nodes and disable group alerts as a whole.
    Set alerting on the group 'master' as 'Group Down' because that will be TRUE, if that master goes down.

If 1 node is down, the whole group isn't (mostly), or at least, not in my environment. so it should not alert anyhow.

Michel

• Hi,

I do get what you are saying, i have the same issue, however, muting a group, because 1 node is in maint, sounds
    like a bad idea, because, what if another node goes down. Do you want no alerting on that?

I guess, in my case, i will review alerting on nodes and disable group alerts as a whole.
    Set alerting on the group 'master' as 'Group Down' because that will be TRUE, if that master goes down.

If 1 node is down, the whole group isn't (mostly), or at least, not in my environment. so it should not alert anyhow.

Michel

Children
No Data