This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Poller for Palo Alto CPS Per Zone

Trying to baseline my CPS and according to PAN: "Use your own management tools to poll the following three MIBs to gather historical CPS data: PanZoneActiveTcpCps, PanZoneActiveUdpCps, and PanZoneOtherIpCps. Poll every 10 seconds (the firewall updates the MIBs at 10 second intervals). "

I want a historical graph showing those three MIBs PER ZONE (outside, inside, dmz). The problem is that the graph just shows the individual MIB so I have no idea what zone it is for or if it is for all zones combined? There is also a MIB called panZoneName that contains the names of each zone but if I graph it, it doesn't show the names....just dots across the bottom.

graph1.PNG

This is what I WANT to have:

what_i_want.png
It also doesn't seem like I can set a poller to poll any less that 1 minute? When I create the custom poller it forces me to use minutes.

attachments.zip
  • is this even possible? I've read some other related posts that you were very helpful on but none of them seemed to give me the info necessary for this particular issue.

• Those oids are tables, so you should get the info you need by polling 1.3.6.1.4.1.25461.2.1.2.3.10.1.2
    With get-table. Each oid will probably get you 3 rows of responses.

Orion doesn't do less than 1 min snmp polling intervals for undp.
  • I am able to poll those OIDs no problem. The issue is that it doesn't break it down by zone so I don't know if the info is for one zone or for all zones combined (this doesn't seem likely due to low numbers of cps).

Here's how the poller is configured:
    undp1.PNG

I tried two different graphs, shown here, but there's no indication or labeling of Zone names.
    graphs.PNG

• At a glance it looks like maybe your label is not set correctly for those pollers.  I attached some screenshots from my environment for an example.  You go to the UNDP tool in orion and right click the poller you need to work on and select Label then set the radio button to the "use labels from a table column" and set one of your nodes for testing.  Poll the table and pick the name from the list that comes up.  That should get your data to display the three rows and give them the names that you want to see.  Have to edit your chart not to display the unique name of the undp but instead have it using the row labels.  Its definitely doable to get what you want, just have to poke around enough to figure it out.

mesverrum_1-1585337438373.pngmesverrum_0-1585337409779.png

• I found the issue. I was using the wrong chart types. I needed to select the "Universal Device Poller Chart". It is showing correctly now. Thank you so much for your help.

• Hi Josephtillman,

It is showing me like this. I can't find what zones they are for. Can you advise me how did you resolve ? Thanks in advance.

zmtun_0-1604460197834.png