This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Folding@Home for COVID-19 Research

Disclaimer

<disclaimer>

First warning - this has absolutely nothing to do with SolarWinds Products.  This is just something that some members of the SolarWinds Community are doing to help medical research for COVID-19.  Please be aware that this is CPU intensive process. For more information, please consult the folding@home website.  Many of us are offering our personal computers to help in searching for the cure.

</disclaimer>

In case you aren't as nerdy as me (and some of you are much more nerdy than me), I wanted to tell you that we've created a SolarWinds Folding@Home group.  If you want to join, just put in the below number (249297) to join us in trying to find a cure for diseases.  If you select "Any disease" from the research, you'll be helping with COVID-19 research.

KMSigma_0-1584972826746.png

What is "folding?"
Folding refers to the way human protein folds in the cells that make up your body. We rely on the proteins to keep us healthy and they assemble themselves by folding. But when they misfold, there can be serious consequences to a person’s health.

How does joining help?
The Folding@home software allows you to share your unused computer power with us – so that we can research even more potential cures.

Why is it needed?
Folding@home is a project focused on disease research. The problems we’re solving require so many computer calcul­ations – and we need your help to find the cures!

For more information on this, go to https://foldingathome.org 

For the uber-nerdy among us, we know that the folding project originally started out as part of SETI@home  (as in the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Life) and many of us (me for one) used to use my PlayStation 3 to participate.

Super big mondo thanks for  for setting up the group!

Parents
No Data
Reply Children