This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Pulse Secure Concurrent users

Is there a way to retrieve the concurrent users and webusers from a Pulse Secure box?

I tried the universal poller, but it seems that this is not working.

Parents Reply Children
  • Here is how I created it:

Create 2 Universal Device Pollers

# 1, Current User Count, OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12532.13.0

MIB Value Type = Rate

Unit = Gauge32

Time Frame = None

I made my polling rate every minute to figure it out, a slower rate is probably fine.

PulseSecureCurrentUserCount.png

# 2, Maximum User Count, OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12532.55.0

Same details otherwise

PulseSecureMaxUserCount.png

Assign to the appropriate nodes.

Then these metrics will be available in PerfStack

PerfStack.png

• FYI: the reason that I created 2 UnDP pollers is that I wanted to force a scale on the graphs that shows the maximum possible users as the top of the graph.  If you don't need that, you could leave out the max user count UnDP poller.  I just thought it would make it easier to visually represent the % of users.

There are a couple other OIDs that might be important for different cases:

1.3.6.1.4.1.12532.12.0, Total number of users logged in to the PCS/PPSnode
    1.3.6.1.4.1.12532.13.0, Total number of users logged in to the Cluster
    1.3.6.1.4.1.12532.44.0, Not sure what is different about this one, but seems to show cluster, and possibly other types of licenses as well

• Hi Martin, 

Thanks for sharing this, 

Can you please help me how to add mertic (UnDP) on to Prefstack i dont see this after adding entities /

Please help me its URGENT

• Hi anandsharma,

I had the problem where the UnDP items didn't appear as options for the node in PerfStack, and for me it was due to selecting "Raw Value" in the "MIB Value Type" when creating the new Universal Device Poller.

If the UnDP you're trying to create isn't for the Pulse Secure user count, try changing to "Rate" or "Counter", and see if the metrics become available in PerfStack.  If that doesn't work, can you post screenshots of the UnDP and PerfStack?

• Hi Martin,

Please provide me your mail id so i can attached the image,

i am creating UnDP poller for Pulse secure user count as per your image in earlier post.

• Hi Anandsharma,

Can you post the images into the reply using the 'insert photos' option?

post_screenshot.png

• Sorry, looks like I skipped documenting a step in my instructions.  I'm guessing that the poller isn't assigned to your nodes yet.  Do this:

In Orion Universal Device Poller, click on the "Assign Pollers" button.  Select the pollers you intend to assign to your nodes in the window that opens:

4_UniversalDevicePoller_AssignPoller.png

Click "Next" and then select the nodes you want to assign to:

5_UniversalDevicePoller_AssignPoller.png

If you wish to group the pollers together, that option is here:

3_UniversalDevicePoller_Group.png

• Sorry mate . still not working , is this is something with version issue ?

and let me know do i need to search metric and all 

Perfstack1.JPG

• Looking at mine, in PerfStack, the name of the group that shows up in expandable section is the same as the name of the group that the UnDP pollers are in.  I'm thinking that might be a required step.  If you go back into the UnDP configuration for the individual poller, you can change the name of the group there and it will create the new group (that was confusing to me too).  Try adding both to a group and seeing if that shows up in PerfStack.