This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting with Enhanced Node Status

An initial thought I had when Enhanced Node Status came out was that since I would be able to include Application and Interface metrics into the determination of Node status, I might be able to retire some or all Interface and Application status alerts. I reasoned that I could potentially get away with a single "Node is in Warning/Critical Status" alert that would include the root cause variable in the notification telling me what was causing the node to be in a degraded state.

I believe that would work - except in the case where I am using a custom property for the Node, Interface and Application to contain an email address for alert notification. So, in a case where the email address is different depending on whether it is the node, interface or application that is the issue, it appears that I cannot yet build that level of "intelligence" into an alert based solely on Enhanced node status.

Am I correct, or have I missed how to do this? Or, so I still need separate alerts for nodes, interfaces and applications? Is a Group approach the answer?

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data