This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Operational status Unknown

Hello members,

I am experiencing issue for some of my server nodes, where interface operational status is showing Unknown in solarwinds . How to resolve this issue?

I am running NPM 12.3 & SAM 6.7 and servers are monitored via Agent.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
  • Probably need to do a list resources and re-add the nics.
    When an interface goes gray in Orion it basically means that "we asked the device about interfaceindex #xx and the device didn't know what I was talking about."
    It's pretty common for people to make changes in the hypervisor that effectively remove an existing interface and create a new version of it, under the covers in windows each interface has an index number associated. You end up having to remove the old interface and add in the new one, or sometimes you can get away with just editing the DB to give it the new index number, but the risk to that is if there are any other attributes on the interface that changed Orion might not notice.
  • I agree , but the problem is list resources also showing interface greyed out . and its only happening with my Suse linux server agents.

Anyways opened a case with solarwinds support. Will update you on this.

• Any chance you are using snmpv3? Could be something weird with the view assigned to your user that isn't providing access to the OID for interface status.
  • Did you Force Refresh on List Resources? run a network discovery on the device and see what resources show up (no need to add, you can cancel once you get the results)

Reply Children