This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Dell Service Tag on Servers running Linux

Hi,

I have many Dell servers running various releases of Linux. I have snmp running ok on them and get CPU stats etc. What i really need is the Service Tag / Serial Number of the server. The SNMP OID that i poll Dell Servers running Windows doesn't seem to work on the Linux ones. Is there a different way to get the Service Tag on Servers running Linux? I do not know Linux unfortunately.

Thanks

• Kindly install Dell openmanage server administrator (DOMSA) on linux server. after installation you can find "Hardware Health" and "Asset Inventory" option in List resources. Enable them.

Once you enabled them you can get much information about that dell server in solarwinds like, serial no., hardware health status and Warranty info in Asset Inventory Tab.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png