This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Layer 2 Interface Names...

I'm looking for some assistance to help locate a resolution for fixing missing interface alias.   

I was able to walk the MIB for the MOXA manufactured layer 2 and locate the interface name.  Image of the is attached. How do I apply it?

All interfaces in Orion display Ethernet Port X even though the interface is named in the switch config.

udp.JPG

Thank you

• Didn't figure how to pull it automatically but I was able to manage to set the Interface Name in bulk.

I created a Universal Device Poller called Portname and placed it in a table format. 

Then copied the entire table into Excel 

After that copied the node ID from the SQL query into Excel

SELECT 

Nodes.NodeID, 

Nodes.Caption AS HostName, 

Interfaces.InterfaceID, 

Interfaces.Caption AS Interface, 

Interfaces.InterfaceAlias 

FROM  

Nodes 

LEFT JOIN 

Interfaces 

ON 

Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID 

WHERE 

(Nodes.Vendor LIKE '%Moxa%')  AND (Nodes.Caption LIKE '%SWI%')

ORDER BY Nodes.Caption, Interfaces.Caption  

And copied the "Current Status" into another column.  So the excel worksheet looked like a SQL query.  Pasted to notepad to "find and replace" spaces to delete to therefore run a query to finally set the Interface Name. 

EXEC CUSTOM_UpdateInterfaceAlias 'UDP portName','10560'

UDPtable.JPG