This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Schedule Unmanaged Utility

Just curious if anyone has had any luck in getting this utility to work?  Is there any documentation that can help someone trying to get it work?  I have been trying to get this to work for a while now and I am stumped...  I have the utility it has made a .cmd file....  OK now what?  What I see on my screen and what is described in the help files that came with the utility are not even close.

As an example... the wizard explains that after adding a node in the create new task we need to open a program called 'Add scheduled Task'

All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks > Add Scheduled Task

I can't even get past this step....  There is no program called 'Add scheduled Task'....  However there is a Task Scheduler...  and since there is no browse option in the Task scheduler as described in step 2 what is the next step?  Create a basic task?...  Create an advanced task?  Import a task?  any help or link to better documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • When you use Unmanage schedule utility it would create 2 files .cmd and .xml , which would ideally sit under

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\UnmanageUtility\Tasks -> for .cmd

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\UnmanageUtility\Jobs -> for .xml (this would have the list of all elements that you have selected with time)

.cmd file is what you will need to use (this would refer to .xml accordingly)

Open Task Scheduler -> Create a basic task -> provide all details required and when you reach Start a Program -> Browse and select the .cmd file that got created -> Finish

Thwack.JPG

Hope it helps

• When you use Unmanage schedule utility it would create 2 files .cmd and .xml , which would ideally sit under

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\UnmanageUtility\Tasks -> for .cmd

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\UnmanageUtility\Jobs -> for .xml (this would have the list of all elements that you have selected with time)

.cmd file is what you will need to use (this would refer to .xml accordingly)

Open Task Scheduler -> Create a basic task -> provide all details required and when you reach Start a Program -> Browse and select the .cmd file that got created -> Finish

Thwack.JPG

Hope it helps

Children