This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Do i need to configure any snmp trap in order to allow snmp trap in solarwind

Hi currently i had one isilon storage server and my customer wish to monitor the snmp trap from isilon to solarwind. I had enable port 162 and start the snmp traps at the solarwind server. However i does not received any traps at solarwind from isilon. Is that any ways to simulate the snmp traps to send? Plus what does it means in the screenshot i attach. Thanks for the help in advance

Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The message you attached is basically just saying you don't have any traps yet, so make sure the trap service is running.   It sounds like you've checked that.  The next thing I'd check is that the isilon storage server is actually configured to send traps to your SolarWinds Orion server, and that there's nothing blocking the trap from getting to the server.

If those don't work for you, I'd suggest opening a support ticket and our reps should be able to help validate that everything is okay on the Orion server side.

Thanks,

Casey

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The message you attached is basically just saying you don't have any traps yet, so make sure the trap service is running.   It sounds like you've checked that.  The next thing I'd check is that the isilon storage server is actually configured to send traps to your SolarWinds Orion server, and that there's nothing blocking the trap from getting to the server.

If those don't work for you, I'd suggest opening a support ticket and our reps should be able to help validate that everything is okay on the Orion server side.

Thanks,

Casey

Children
  • Hi Casey, actually i had set isilon storage server to send the snmp trap to the Solarwind Server, however at solarwind there does not received any things. Normally is there always will have SNMP traps sent or the trap will send only when something is trigger? Beside is that anyway that can i verify the traps is working?    

• Can you use something like wireshark to make sure the traps are getting to the server. Also, make sure the Orion server is listening on the same port as the Isilson is sending the traps to (netstat -b -n should help you here).