This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 12.2 Upgrade Experience Feedback?

Anyone have any upgrade experiences for the general release?

We are looking to upgrade our entire SW suite in addition to NPM and would like to hear any feedback.

Also, is the RC code the same as the GR code?

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Finally an all-in-one update installer!

My upgrade went relatively smooth. I had a little trouble with upgrading my additional poller because it kept timing out. The poller install package has a hard limit of 30 min to gather all the info from the main poller. I found that if you grab 'CoreInstaller.msi' and 'MIbs.msi' from C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers on the main poller and manually copy them to your additional poller you can cut a bunch of that 30 min window. Copy those files to your desktop. Then start the install on the additional poller. As soon as you start, you need to look for C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\Temp\2\SWOrionSetup[datestamp]\subinstallers\CORE_2017.x\. (This directory won't be created until you start your install.) Immediately paste those files you copied over to your desktop into this directory and it'll shave off almost a gig of download (depending on the number of modules in your environment) and help keep you from timing out.

It's well worth the upgrade. I'm looking forward to future upgrades with the new all-in-one installer.

• Finally an all-in-one update installer!

My upgrade went relatively smooth. I had a little trouble with upgrading my additional poller because it kept timing out. The poller install package has a hard limit of 30 min to gather all the info from the main poller. I found that if you grab 'CoreInstaller.msi' and 'MIbs.msi' from C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers on the main poller and manually copy them to your additional poller you can cut a bunch of that 30 min window. Copy those files to your desktop. Then start the install on the additional poller. As soon as you start, you need to look for C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\Temp\2\SWOrionSetup[datestamp]\subinstallers\CORE_2017.x\. (This directory won't be created until you start your install.) Immediately paste those files you copied over to your desktop into this directory and it'll shave off almost a gig of download (depending on the number of modules in your environment) and help keep you from timing out.

It's well worth the upgrade. I'm looking forward to future upgrades with the new all-in-one installer.

Children
No Data