This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Before the decade ends, show us your Orion Maps AND answer a few questions about them -- for 500 THWACK points!

Between sharing your Network Atlas maps and Worldwide maps, you've all helped us out as we continue to improve the Orion maps. Which is why we want MORE! Show us your Orion Maps (or at least the ones you cannot live without) OR email it directly to me at kristin.bongiovanni@solarwinds.com AND answer the following questions, then we'll award you 500 thwack points. (You must answer the questions as well as share your maps to get points)

1. Share your map(s) below or email it to kristin.bongiovanni@solarwinds.com
  2. Are you still using features from Network Atlas that you NEED to have in Orion Maps?
  3. Why is a feature like Maps or Atlas important to you and your organization? What if you didn't have this feature?

Please submit your maps by December 31, 2019 to receive 500 THWACK points.

Parents Reply Children
  • What we are looking for is clarity around what is necessary to improve your experience with the tool.  If you are still using Network Atlas over the web based Orion Maps, why?  You indicated that you use the tool to show the network but it gets too busy, what would improve that?  It is hard to tell from that screenshot but it appears you are mapping out a ton of interfaces in that example.

• I emailed 2 maps to Kristin both of the same devices and links. One was in Atlas the other Orion Maps. Orion Maps can get cluttered very quickly in a small space as nato​ has indicated.

Here's a small snippet. Custom labels in Atlas, I can also choose to have custom labels/description for the links which I can move around (I have none though in the example). These can show me utilization, bandwidth speed etc. Also port channel shows red in atlas but not in orion maps (it was already down before I created the orion map)

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Sorry I have not emailed you since our previous messages on this subject. My 2019.4 upgrade (just for the new Orion Maps features) was a bit of a disaster.