This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Before the decade ends, show us your Orion Maps AND answer a few questions about them -- for 500 THWACK points!

Between sharing your Network Atlas maps and Worldwide maps, you've all helped us out as we continue to improve the Orion maps. Which is why we want MORE! Show us your Orion Maps (or at least the ones you cannot live without) OR email it directly to me at kristin.bongiovanni@solarwinds.com AND answer the following questions, then we'll award you 500 thwack points. (You must answer the questions as well as share your maps to get points)

1. Share your map(s) below or email it to kristin.bongiovanni@solarwinds.com
  2. Are you still using features from Network Atlas that you NEED to have in Orion Maps?
  3. Why is a feature like Maps or Atlas important to you and your organization? What if you didn't have this feature?

Please submit your maps by December 31, 2019 to receive 500 THWACK points.

Parents
  • 1) MapExample.png

2) I think the main things I still use in Atlas that I couldn't do in the new maps are custom labels, custom tooltips, and being able to select and delete connections that I don't want the map to display.  Would be good to just have some kind of "hide this connection" at least.

3)  I find that the main value add in building these maps is it provides a way for someone who knows how everything comes together to document that and make it accessible to the rest of the team.  I may know all the critical interfaces for my WAN topology but the new hire hasn't learned them yet and it's a lot easier to point them to a WAN dashboard in Orion than to actually sit down and explain all the bits every time.  Similar problems apply to application architectures.

• 1) MapExample.png

2) I think the main things I still use in Atlas that I couldn't do in the new maps are custom labels, custom tooltips, and being able to select and delete connections that I don't want the map to display.  Would be good to just have some kind of "hide this connection" at least.

3)  I find that the main value add in building these maps is it provides a way for someone who knows how everything comes together to document that and make it accessible to the rest of the team.  I may know all the critical interfaces for my WAN topology but the new hire hasn't learned them yet and it's a lot easier to point them to a WAN dashboard in Orion than to actually sit down and explain all the bits every time.  Similar problems apply to application architectures.

Children